Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year in Review

As I did last year around this time, I though back over a year's worth of rides (and runs!) and picked out a few highlights.

1. Thw Wineglass Marathon
Number one on the list has to be running my first marathon. This is something that had been in the back of my mind since I was a kid and my Dad took us over to stand at the side of the Wantagh Parkway and watch the runners of the Long Island Marathon go by. In those days it went all the way to Jones Beach. Later, in high school, some of us from the band would bring our instruments to the side of the road and play songs to encourage the runners. I always thought that was something I would do one day.

2. Catskills Cycling Trip
A fantastic 6-day cycling immersion with great friends from EECT, SBRA, and the Early Birds. Beautiful country roads, challenging hills, and quality hours on the bike with friends. Will never forget it!

3. 2010 Highlander Cycle Tour
Such a hard day on the bike, but so great to do it again!

4. Transitioning
Finally, very much enjoying some North Shore winter rides with Mike and Rob from the Brands group.

No comments: